The Equal Rights For All Americans petition (ERFAA) demands that Congress:
1) Repeal the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) to allow equal marriage rights for same-sex couples who've been legally married in any state. Click here to learn about this law.
2) Enact the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) to end workplace discrimination on the basis of gender orientation. Click here to learn about this law.
3) Repeal the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Law (DADT) to allow equal rights for all Americans in military service. Click here to learn about this law.
We're calling on all decent Americans, straight and gay, to join together and put an end to Christian and Mormon bigotry that has stolen the Constitutional right of gay Americans to simply have their own private sex lives without being discriminated against.
We believe our fascist Catholic, Protestant, and Mormon politicians should stop reading their Bibles, and start reading our federal Constitution. It's no longer a crime to be gay in your own bedroom. Therefore, continued religious discrimination is now both unconstitutional and un-American.
Making sure gay Americans have the same marriage, employment, and military service rights as all other Americans is not asking for any special rights at all. It's just demanding the same equal rights for everyone. That's a position every decent American, straight or gay, should be willing to support.
If you believe in "Equal Rights For All Americans," please volunteer to do three things:
1) Download the petition and get 20 friends to sign it. And ask each of them to download the petition and get 20 of their friends to sign it. (Yes, like a chain letter, please don't break the chain.)
2) Fax or snail mail a copy of your completed petition to your federal Senators and Representative. (To find contact information for them based on your zip code, click here
3) Mail your completed petition to the Universal Free Church at the address on the bottom of the petition. (We'll be delivering the petition originals to the Washington, D.C. offices of the Senators and Representatives.)
This is a free (except for postage) and simple attempt at "viral marketing" on a national issue. Join with us in using the power of the Internet to bring about social justice. If enough decent Americans volunteer, we'll be burying the politicians in a blizzard of paper at their district offices and in Washington, D.C. (Many politicians routinely ignore email and online petitions.)
Please volunteer to help and do your small share. We believe all decent Americans, straight or gay, should know about this petition drive and have a chance to vote for equal rights with their signature. If you're gay, this is a great opportunity to talk to your straight friends. If you're straight, join together with your gay friends to help get them the same rights you already have.
Please start now, and don't break the chain. For volunteer information or to read the ERFAA petition and download it to your computer, click here